Sunday, February 08, 2009

Three Bills

I now weigh 300 pounds.

To say the least, I'm not proud of this fact. While I don't have a wide caboose, I have a pendulous belly. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason for the stress I feel in my neck and shoulders. If they didn't have this load beneath them, I'd probably feel a lot better. And that's not all the problems I have.

I could blame my overnight shift, my sleep patterns or lack thereof, or all sorts of stuff. But as my doctor out here said, "Your body doesn't care."

So I'm starting to exercise more, using the apartment complex's workout room in addition to walking around the marina. Eventually, I should start some weight training too. And I'd like to find a place to swim, since that doesn't hurt my joints.

I know folks who don't eat any sugar, wheat, or flour. I have to admit I can't conceive of doing that, but then again, someone must be able to do so. We'll see.

I've got some work to do, and I have to remind myself, IT WON'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. I appreciate your encouragement and support.

5 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

prayers and support offered

Dymphna (4HisChurch) said...

I'll offer support here too. I agree with you--I can't imagine giving up all "the white stuff", but I know it would work if I tried it.

bigbro said...

It probably won't happen in a few months either. Remember that you weren't weighing 180 yesterday and you woke up at 300. It took time and work to put it on and it will take time and work to get it off. It basically means a lifestyle change. Good luck and I wish you well. Now drop and give me 20!

Cygnus said...

Ag--gag--grunt-grxfmlt--

---ONE!

#thud#

Anonymous said...

you can do it!