I'd like to see a Baltimore team win just ONE postseason game or series over a Pittsburgh team. Since 1971, we're 0-6.
- 1971: Roberto Clemente's home run proved to be the difference in Game 7 as the Pirates beat the Orioles in the World Series.
- 1975: Bert Jones was leading the Colts deep into Steelers territory late in their playoff game at Three Rivers Stadium when he was sacked. Andy Russell ran the ensuing fumble back 95 yards for a touchdown in a 21-10 victory.
- 1976: At Memorial Stadium, the Steelers blew out the Colts, 40-14. In a strange way, it was a good thing they did so, because shortly after the game, a single-engine plane crashed into the upper deck of the stadium. Had the game gone into overtime or the Colts had won, there could have been many more injuries or fatalities. As it was, only the pilot was hurt.
- 1979: Up 3 games to 1 over the Pirates in the World Series, the Orioles would score only two more runs over the last three games. Like Clemente, Willie Stargell hit a home run in Game 7 to wrap it up. I remember crying in my bed at age 14 over that one. I still hate the song "We Are Family" to this day.
- 2002: Having beaten the Dolphins, the Ravens came into Heinz Field for the divisional playoff and were thoroughly outplayed by the Steelers, 27-10.
- 2009: Troy Polamalu's interception of Joe Flacco and return for a touchdown snuffed out the Ravens' comeback bid in a 23-14 Steelers win.