Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Roethlisberger Rule

Here's the least-known rule in the NFL:

If the Pittsburgh Steelers do not put the ball across the plane of the goal line, it is a touchdown anyway.

:-P"""

Page 776 of the rules digest in the NFL fact book reads: "A player with the ball in his possession scores a touchdown when the ball is on, above or over the goal line." --AP

(I must admit Pittsburgh's final drive was impressive, and the Ravens' pass defense was inexplicably absent while it occurred. I give Pittsburgh credit. Still, it's frustrating to lead for 59 minutes of the game, only to lose in the 60th because of a blown call.)

At least lowly Cincinnati put the Deadskins out of their misery. Yay.

3 comments:

Marilena said...

the warm greeting on my blog was for the ladies who helped me out last year and this year after the death of my brother and my personal hard times. all my favorite bloggers are in my sidebar. :)

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

You're not the only one who didn't think it was a touchdown...Now I need my Panthers to beat the Giants

Cygnus said...

I am unimpressed with and unmoved by CBS' attempt to "digitally enhance" the video to show it was a TD. If blurring the image means "enhancement," I'm Ed Reed. The ref made the right call on the field, and there was never enough evidence to change the call.

Instant replay blows.