Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Wednesday Morning Quarterback: Not Surprising, But Still Sad

I called it some weeks ago.

Go crazy, Democrats.
Go crazy, pro-aborts.
Go crazy, Marxist income redistributors.
Go crazy, union thugs.
Go crazy, aging radical building bombers.

So B. Hussein Obama's style has won out over John McCain's confusing substance, and I do in all seriousness congratulate him on being the first (half-)African-American voted in as President. But, while I also have to give B. Hussein credit for running a smooth campaign, the ineptitude of McCain can't be overstated.

Here are ten observations:

  1. As much as I hate seeing it, whoever designed B. Hussein's "O" logo should be well compensated for it; it was a smashing success.
  2. B. Hussein and the Democrats succeeded more than I thought they would by painting George W. Bush as an albatross around McCain's neck. (If Bush could have run a third term, I would have voted for him. There, I've said it.)
  3. Therefore, McCain was very much on the defensive, running not just against B. Hussein, but against Bush. The twenty-some persent of Bush supporters didn't know what to think.
  4. The financial meltdown of September and October all but insured this election for B. Hussein. While banks were starting to go under in September, McCain insisted on talking about Senate earmarks, about which no one cared anymore.
  5. Said crisis took McCain's trump card, foreign policy, off the table. B. Hussein wasn't hurt at all by his refusal to back the Iraq surge, nor by his inexperience in foreign matters.
  6. It also blunted the effect of Joe the Plumber. All of a sudden, taking millions from the rich didn't seem like such a bad idea anymore.
  7. How inept was McCain? He worried too much about the mainstream media (which was unapologetically in the tank for B. Hussein from the beginning) saying he was running a negative campaign and just never took the gloves off. Nor did he have a coherent attack plan on B. Hussein, nor did he fight off his attacks very well.
  8. The only reason McCain got as many votes as he did from the conservative base was his naming of Sarah Palin as his running mate. Social conservatives like me were marginalized.
  9. McCain inexplicably muzzled Palin for most of the campaign, letting all those who criticized her lack of experience (while not harping on B. Hussein's similar dearth) and got their information on her via Saturday Night Live rule the day.
  10. By reneging on his pledge not to accept public funding (and McCain not making an issue of it), B. Hussein's war chest swelled to amounts that Lehman Brothers wouldn't mind having these days. "Hey, John, remember McCain-Feingold? How's that working out for ya?"
So now we will hear the usual fluff about "coming together." Phooey. Four years ago (or eight following the fractious Florida election), how many Democrats were saying they had to unite under Bush? Not very many. And I'll be damned if I'm going to roll over and play dead while B. Hussein tries to ram through the Freedom of Choice Act, which he promised would be first on his agenda.

The election of B. Hussein also reveals the current sorry state of the GOP with no Reagan, no Gingrich, no DeLay, no Bob Dole (and now no Libby Dole either!), and no Karl Rove. Meanwhile, the Dems are riding high with B. Hussein, Nancy Pelosi, and Dingy Harry. I hope conservatives can regroup with or without the GOP.

Anyway, it's a great day for Team Donkey. It's a hangover for Team Elephant. Pass me the Alka-Seltzer.

11 comments:

sharnina said...

Stop calling him B. Hussein. His name is Barack Hussein Obama. His middle name indicates nothing more than his Muslim heritage. He is a Christian and and from what I know of my God and Savior, that's what matters most. It's one thing to disagree politically with a man but it's a completely different animal to question someone's Salvation or lack thereof based on a middle name not of his choosing.

I would like to share with you what I have shared with others. The Apostle Paul (a name you're familiar with) gives us this charge -

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves." Romans 13:1-2

And this from the Apostle Peter...

"Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king." 1 Peter 2:13-17

My intention is to pray daily for this man who fought hard and won the race. He is now faced with the mess of the last eight years and a country that is in much disarray. I voted for Bush and I wanted him to be a good president but the fact is that he simply wasn't. That's a reflection on him, not the Republican party. I voted for McCain and he lost. I'm going to trust God's word and believe that God has appointed the right man. I don't presume to understand God's purposes but I do trust the wisdom of the Creator of the Universe.

Cygnus said...

Shari: I do, and will, question the salvation of any man who pledges that his first act in office will be to pass the so-called Freedom of Choice Act, which will guarantee the killing of hundreds of thousands more innocent babies annually. God appointed him indeed.

*I* didn't name him B. Hussein. Take that up with his parents. I will respect the office of the President, but quite simply, this man's anti-life agenda must be stopped, fought, and defeated.

This was not just an election; it was a battle for America's soul. We lost, but I will keep fighting, for democracy is not based upon unity, but on disagreement.

And I will make boys their princes, and babes shall rule over them. And the people will oppress one another, every man his fellow and every man his neighbor; the youth will be insolent to the elder, and the base fellow to the honorable....For Jerusalem has stumbled, and Judah has fallen; because their speech and their deeds are against the LORD, defying His glorious presence. Their partiality witnesses against them; they proclaim their sin like Sodom, they do not hide it. Woe to them! For they have brought evil upon themselves.

Isaiah 3:4-5, 8-9
(HT: V for Victory!)

Cygnus said...

See also Marilena's pithy and poignant entry.

Kevin said...

Sharni...This is a country where we have the right to free speech....for the moment at least...

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Palin/Jindal 2012

Sharni...at least he gave him the intial B, you don't want to stop by my blog then, I was much worse :), it's free speech at least for the time being.

Cygnus said...

Joe, I'd vote for Palin and Jindal yesterday! Just wish I could have last week. :-(

sharnina said...

Joe, you are right. But as a Christian, just because I can do something doesn't mean I should. I am bound by the rules of God's Word before I'm bound to the rights and freedoms of this country. And as far as I can tell, God's Word still says that He establishes every authority and I have been commanded to obey the authority established by God. God doesn't make mistakes.

Does it mean I have to agree with that authority? No. But I still have to obey it and show proper respect for whom God has placed in positions of authority over me.

sharnina said...

Sorry, I addressed my comment to Joe only when I meant to include Kevin in my remarks.

Cygnus said...

Does it mean I have to agree with that authority? No. But I still have to obey it and show proper respect for whom God has placed in positions of authority over me.

Would that the Continental Congress or Rosa Parks had heeded that advice.

sharnina said...

IMHO Rosa Parks showed the utmost respect while disagreeing with the established rules. You didn't hear her using racial epitaphs or casting aspersion on the group and person she disagreed with. She strongly and respectfully disagreed and her voice was heard loud and clear. She acted with dignity.

FWIW I think she obeyed God's laws first and foremost.

Cygnus said...

Shari:

The simple fact is that Rosa Parks did NOT obey the established authority, which contradicts your point to Joe above. If B. Hussein, Peolsi, and Dingy Harry go through with FOCA, I will NOT obey it, and I hope my wife and her employers don't either . . . although it could cost her her career and force the closure of many hospitals. (Here's more of what the BH administration promises to do.)

I also see that you didn't address my example of the Continental Congress. While most of us in the United States regard this nation as ordained by God, why do we so conveniently forget our revolutionary heritage? The Declaration of Independence wasn't very kind to King George III.

I thank you for your point of view, with which I respectfully (really!) disagree. Since I don't believe further discussion will bear any more substantive fruit, I'm closing further comments to this post.