Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Concession

I want to thank those of you who have commented on my recent political rants, especially Sharnina and Chenoa, both of whom I know and respect. It sometimes takes a while for me to admit I'm wrong, not unlike Fonzie.

If you want to know what I think of our president-elect, read those other posts; I'm not going to chew my cabbage twice, and my opinion hasn't changed. But I concede that my referring to him as "B. Hussein" (which, BTW, wasn't all that original) was childish, and I was wrong to do so. I certainly haven't liked the denigrating ways in which I've seen people refer to George W. Bush over the past eight years, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I may steer clear of politics on here for a while, especially if I can't write about it at least semi-dispassionately. I don't have the right to provoke others just because I get upset by being provoked, or worse, I go looking to be provoked. I'm a passionate guy (ya think?), and I just need to figure out where to channel it. And the last thing I want to do is chase away my friends of any political stripe just because I'm Upset.

Besides, how do I feel after all this "catharsis?" Not very good, I can assure you.

Posts like this, this, this, this, and this spoke volumes of truth to me, even if I didn't want to hear the truth. Read them if you can. So I also thank Dymphna, Marilena, Joe of St. Therese, and Drusilla (by way of Dawn Eden).

Like the old song says, don't give up on me . . . I'm still worth one more try. :-)

4 comments:

sharnina said...

Thank you. ((hugs))

Marilena said...

i took down my post about what i thought of bush. iam certainly no democrat by far, but iam not fond of bush. regardless, i took it down to satisfy a reader, and i did it out of respect and charity. so, like you, i also have nothing else to say about the election. its done, and i will be praying for the conversion of the president elect, as well as for biden. that is all.

Marilena said...

oh cygnus, let me apologize if my post about bush wasn't what you liked. see? iam human too:) hee hee hee:) yes. i do like your blog:)

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

No worries, Jesus doesn't give up, and nor do I