Monday, September 29, 2008

Hating Sarah

If for no other reason, I love love love Sarah Palin for the derangement syndrome that the Left has unleashed upon her. Anything that cheeses off the Left so much has to be good.

This column by Joan Swirsky is one of the best articles I've read about how insane this is getting. The whole thing is worth a read, but her opening paragraph is a winner:

Why are the retro-feminists in the left-wing media, the National Organization of Women, and the abortion lobby, among other hysterics, militating so violently against Sarah Palin? It's because they value abortion-on-demand over every other subject on earth.
That's it, in a nutshell. Bring it on, gals.

5 comments:

Julia said...

I'll tell you why I don't like her.

I think she's stupid.

Like, dumber than the average politician (none of whom I trust blindly - or sightedly, either).

She doesn't know how to give anything remotely close to a straight answer, and she honestly doesn't seem to know what she is talking about.

It is one thing to govern a state that has appx 200,000 citizens. I've been there. There are about a billion more trees than people there. It is quite another to be second in command over a country that is an absolute mess at best right now.

/end cranky rant

Cygnus said...

Next you'll be telling me how smart Biden is, or experienced Obama is.

Sorry, hon, but as an anti-elitist, I have no problem with an outsider like Sarah in the #2 slot.

/cranky, sleep-deprived response

Cygnus said...

Or might you prefer this VP candidate? (HT: the BCI)

Julia said...

I would say nothing of the sort.

I am tempted not to vote this year because I hate my options so much.

Cygnus said...

Truth be told, I don't see how McCain is going to pull this out; rightly or wrongly, this financial crisis is playing right into Obama's hands.

And I think, as I did some months ago, we're seeing the 1996 Bob Dole campaign all over again. Picking Palin was probably McCain's last best hope, and she's the ONLY reason I'm voting for him. But I think he's been running a miserable campaign otherwise.

I will agree with you that neither man inspires me.