Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Can we vote?

I fear that we may be locked out of this election. We'll be moving to Nevada too late to meet their 30-day residency requirement, but we won't be Maryland residents at the time of the election. Perhaps we'll still be allowed to vote in Maryland (motto: "We weren't really using our 10 electoral votes anyway") via absentee ballot. I hope we can get a straight answer from the Board of Elections.

I guess if we lived in New York and were moving to Florida, we wouldn't have this problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DB Sez:
When I moved here, pulling into the state on Halloween night, 1988, I still voted back in Minnesota via absentee ballot. I think your problem is that you're asking questions. Just do it. (Not that your votes in this state will be worth much anyway...)

bigbro said...

Here's where you can go. http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/absentee.html I was my unit's voting officer among other additional duties. Vote early and often.