Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Okay, one reason to like Jessica Simpson

You know I'm not much for Hollywood, but I thought this deserved mention.

Thanks to the Czabe for this photo of Jessica in this most excellent shirt, a slam of People for the Eating of Tasty Animals in general, and militant vegan (sorry for the redundancy) Carrie Underwood in particular. See, Underwood used to hang off Dallas QB Tony Romo's arm as Jess does now.

With this shirt, Jess has proven that PETA can dish it out, but it sure can't take it. You go, Jess! Now excuse me while I buy a Dukes of Hazzard movie DVD.

In the meantime, you who are leading the PC crusade to prosyletize the rest of us molar- and incisor-using consumers of animals whom God gave us for food may read this smackdown (albeit a little bit crude) from one Toshiba Reynolds.

And here . . . have a heaping helping of Shut The Tofu Up.

3 comments:

Julia said...

I've got no problem with vegetarians or vegans who don't eat meat for ethical reasons. I'm willing to understand that completely - some people just really don't like the idea of killing anything.

My big problem is with people who are against genetically modified grains and vegetables which can potentially save millions of people because those are "frankenfoods." Frankenfoods which SAVE PEOPLE.

::shudder::

as for pEta, even most vegans know it's a complete crock. If you don't mind a ton of profanity, I recommend the Penn and Teller: Bullsh!t episode which deals with that ass-hat of an organization.

Cygnus said...

Exactly: if one opts to be a vegetarian or vegan, fine.

Dymphna (4HisChurch) said...

Wow. I wouldn't have imagined *that*!

I had a Science teacher in High School who was a vegetarian and I admit that learning that seemed at the time to validate my already addictive love of carbs over meat. But I've never actually been a vegetarian.