Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sign Of The Times

As I have always said, I'm against anything that would undermine the traditional family unit, be it pre- or extra-marital sex, cohabitation, or new definitions of marriage like homosexuals or bisexual threesomes. I mean, that man and woman thing is, like, soooo 1950.

My friends on the far left are having a field day with the California Supreme Court's recent decision to overturn the referendum asserting that marriage = a man and a woman. Well that they should. Well too that I should be disgusted with it. They are reveling in the fact that the concurring judges, being lambasted by conservatives as "activist judges," were almost all Republicans and/or nominated by Republicans. Of course, ever since the days of "B-1" Bob Dornan, being a Republican office-holder in California means "I'm Really Liberal, Really I Am, Just Not As Much So As Him Or Her" (see also: Canada). Why else would Governor Ahnold (R) say he approves now, after not being so supportive earlier?

The gay lobby sees this as a civil rights issue, which it isn't and never has been; there's no similarity with the interracial marriage issue. I agree with Dawn Eden (HT) that the homosexualists are really just being opportunistic, given today's laissez-faire culture. Read her posts here and here.

I, for one, am not going to let this nation slide down the moral sewer without a fight. And it's yet another reason why we're not moving to California.

0 comments: