Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One Idea For NFL Realignment

All I know is that I believe this list originally appeared on nfl.com. I want to give appropriate credit and, better yet, link to it, but I haven't found the source as of yet. I remember it floating around on e-mail, however, and I wanted to give it a more permanent home. This copy I found on a message board.

AFC (Animal Football Conference)

Bird Division
Cardinals
Eagles
Falcons
Ravens

Cat Division
Bengals
Jaguars
Lions
Panthers

Horse Division
Broncos
Chargers
Colts
Rams (close enough)

Random Animals Division
Bears
Bills
Dolphins
Seahawks


NFC (Non-Animal Football Conference)

Old West Division
Chiefs
Cowboys
Redskins
49ers

Industrial Division
Jets
Packers
Steelers
Texans (would've been better if they were the Oilers, but this will do)

Mythical Division
Browns
Giants
Saints
Titans

Fighting and Plundering Division (my favorite --Cyg)
Buccaneers
Patriots
Raiders
Vikings

Some of those divisions would be fairly competitive, but the AFC Bird and AFC Random Animals divisions would need a little work.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Dude.

A seahawk is SO a bird.

((Proudly rooting for mythical creatures and "Metropolitans" since I have been aware of sports))

Cygnus said...

It is indeed a nickname for the osprey, which I saw some of in Florida, and there are probably some in and around the Chesapeake as well.

Okay, so which bird would you kick out of the Bird Division? And don't EVEN say "Ravens."

I vote for the Cardinals. They have a grand tradition of mediocrity to uphold.

Scott Rizzo said...

The original article is written by Craig Ellenport at NFL.com. I have asked him to repost it or send me the article via his twitter account @ellenport but he doesn't respond, sadly. The article was genius.

Scott Rizzo said...

The original article was the brainchild of Craig Ellenport at NFL.com. I have tweeted him @ellenport to ask if he could repost/resend it to me, but he has not responded. It's too bad, that article was a work of genius.