Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ummmm . . . yeah.

I hope Jaime Sneider of the Weekly Standard was kidding here when he comented on female bloggers who wouldn't date liberals. Please tell me he was, because I doubt it:

If only all the featured ladies were just as enthralling. Consider Dawn Eden, the author of The Thrill Of The Chaste:

It’s easy for a man to keep this illusion of being a great, sensitive romantic if he knows he’s just going to sleep with you and then say good-bye. Anybody can be Mr. Love God for one night or one week or one month.

I have no doubt that a date with the author of The Thrill of the Chaste would be exhilarating--wait, actually, I do doubt it. Hence the conservative proverb, "Be right, live left."

Lefties love to bash us because of our social conservatism. Yielding to their immoral behavior doesn't make such behavior right, nor will it make them Not Hate Us. Sadly, though, Sneider is far from the only conservative who uses his principles just for his account balance and nought else.

If I were single, I'd love a date with Dawn Eden.

UPDATE: Turns out Sneider was kidding after all; he told Dawn his comment was supposed to be tongue in cheek. Actually, it was a lame attempt at humor . . . not that I've ever had any of those.

2 comments:

CGHill said...

For what it's worth, I can testify that she's a charming and engaging dinner companion.

Silvergirl said...

I've tagged you on my blog. I can't help it Mom2bjm made me do it, I swear!

Hope things are okay with the ILs.

My word verification is ymisux.