Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stress

As I alluded to earlier, this impending move is kicking up a lot of stress for LC and myself. I find myself wanting to avoid what's happening and what needs to be done. I can "check out" through many ways:

  • Sleeping
  • Eating
  • Too much time on this thing watching stuff I know I shouldn't
  • Chewing gum (I've become a compulsive gum-chewer here of late)
Some of my friends would say to me, "Where's God?" Good question. I need Him more, not less.

I find it interesting that my time of sorting out stuff in the physical world of our house comes as I'm also dealing with a lot of issues internally, things that I've not dealt with for way too long.

I pray for courage to do the next right thing, and not to avoid what God wants to accomplish in my life, not only for myself, but for what I can do for others.

Can you relate to avoiding looking at yourself for fear of what you might find?

1 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yep, I can relate. That is probably why I don't do alot of the "10 things about myself" lists you often find on blogs. It's not that I've had a horrible life, just I'm not that much on introspection.