Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Mass: They tried hard, but . . .

I went to my mom and dad's parish for Easter Mass today. The choir performed . . . sort of. They really had no leader to speak of, and as a result they sounded something like this classic Carol Burnett Show sketch:



Not that they should be sounding like the Vienna Boys' Choir, but still . . . you get the idea.

Side note: Unlike some other older shows, much of the Carol Burnett Show material doesn't hold up well through the years. Not all of it (like this), but much of it. Still, my family and I watched it every Saturday night.

3 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I LOVED watching Carol Burnett! Did you know she plays the part of the mean kangaroo in Horton Hears a Who? She does a good job at it.. we went to see it last week!

Are you and LC movie-goers?

Dymphna (4HisChurch) said...

Ah, modern music!! I love it!! Brings back memories of college, lol.

I miss shows like Carol Burnett.

Cygnus said...

Amy: Not so much, but I did know that Carol had a role in this movie. I tend to prefer DVDs.