Sunday, March 09, 2008

Do as we say, not as we do

Montgomery County, Maryland, a.k.a. The Most Liberal County In America, just installed gobs of all-knowing, all-seeing, impartial speed cameras all over the place. Remember, they're only for speed limit compliance and not for generating revenue (keep telling yourself that).

Well, there's a big problem with these cameras: A large segment of the population is blowing off their fines. Anti-camera folks like me? No.

Try Montgomery County police officers.

I think it's hilarious that these officers have been photographed telling the cameras that they're No. 1 as they pass. What's more, the FOP is telling its members to ignore the fines because the ticket is issued to the vehicle's owner, not the driver (utterly shtoopit, in my opinion; a car cannot no more speed than a gun shoot someone, because only the people involved do so). And who owns MontCo police cruisers? MontCo, of course!

I couldn't ask for a better argument against these stupid 6th Amendment violation machines if I tried.

1 comments:

Dymphna (4HisChurch) said...

Well, to tell you the truth, Cyg, my decision to work in Westminster and *not* in Montgomery County is, in part, due to these ridiculous speed cameras. It costs enough to get there from here--I can't afford to have tickets as well.