Friday, February 15, 2008

AIDS Is A "Gay Disease"? Who Knew?

Finally, someone in the so-called "gay lobby" gets a Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious:

Homosexual Leader Calls AIDS A "Gay Disease"

The comments were made last Friday at the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's (NGLTF) national conference in Detroit by Executive Director Matt Foreman.

"Folks, with 70 percent of the people in this country living with HIV being gay or bi (sexual), we cannot deny that HIV is a gay disease," Foreman told his audience. "We have to own that and face up to that."
When I had mandatory AIDS Awareness Indoctrination Training with the government, the training was designed to uncouple the AIDS epidemic and social behavior, especially regarding those who engage in same-sex sex. And the way the training did so was to imply that AIDS somehow threatened everyone. I repeat: while the possibility of my contracting AIDS isn't zero, I think I stand as much chance of contracting it as I would death by hemlock . . . as long as I didn't drink the hemlock.

And for those who think I'm merely being "homophobic," I quickly add that I'm opposed to any social behavior that tries to abrogate responsibility for one's sexual actions. That list includes, but is not limited to, premarital sex, oral sex (which, as we all know, is not really sex), abortion, and contraception.

The target of all of this is clear: the destruction of marriage and the family as we know it.

My prior thoughts on the subject here.

0 comments: