(Day 4, not 5. I blame the meds. :-P)
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Rockville
The wait here drags on. Not helping matters is the amount of gunk that has drained from my elbow, and it's still doing so; I doubt I'll be leaving until it slows down and/or they find out how bad this stuff is. Without grossing you out, all I'll say is, do any of you have a can in your kitchen that you use for excess grease? It's worse than that.
Some other vignettes:
- I'd be able to post from the TV, but mine has terrible focus, and for some reason it doesn't like the Blogger pages. Fortunately, there's this PC down the hall.
- My aging roommate has gone from snoring very loudly (sometimes seeming to say, "Oh noooooooo!" as he does so) to growling at the nurses to wanting to become a boxer and have me as his trainer and LC his manager. He says we'd have to carry him TO the ring, much less FROM it. But because of my arm, I won't be carrying much of anything for a while.
- The temperature in the room varies from colder (which I like) to furnace (which he prefers).
- The light in the bathroom finally got replaced today. I'm still having some constipation issues.
- The food hasn't been too bad; heck, I might be eating more healthy here than at home!
- The Catholic chaplain found LC and I at this computer earlier today and warned us about whatever we might be looking at. Turned out it was the Catholic Answers Forum. Hee. He gave us the Eucharist again today.
- LC has arranged for me to get some case management when I'm finally discharged from here. That'll be quite helpful.
- I still can't believe how peaceful I've been about all this, not that I'm overly enjoying it. I do of course want to learn whatever God wants me to in the middle of all this.
- I appreciate your prayers and support. So does my MIL, who still has the double pneumonia.