Thursday, December 06, 2007

Letters I Never Bothered Writing: Jazz

(format shamelessly swiped from Em B's "mailbox" posts)

Dear "Smooth Jazz" Station Program Director,

Can you tell me what the following all have in common?

  • Phil Collins
  • Al Stewart
  • Steely Dan
  • Sting
  • Earth, Wind, and Fire
  • Chicago
  • The Doobie Brothers
Give up? Well, how about:

NONE OF THEM ARE JAZZ ARTISTS!!!

And it matters not whether I like them otherwise. But you play them all -- and more -- on your so-called "smooth jazz" stations! What, have the Gordon Lightfoot CDs not come in yet?

Fortunately, I don't have to listen to your silly stations. I have XM 71, Watercolors, programmed by those who know what jazz is. And, more importantly, what it is not.

Just thought I'd let you know that before I return you to your Sounding Like Every Other Station On The Dial already in progress.

Moving on after the death of FM radio,
Cyg

1 comments:

Dymphna (4HisChurch) said...

Dh has XM, I have Sirius. I love station 73 on Sirius which is (and I HATE this term) "new age" music---ok, its great to go to sleep by! I really got Sirius for the 2 Catholic stations. I get to go to mass in the morning, listen to one sermon on the radio on the way to work, change channels and listen to another one. Good times! :)

Oh, I also enjoy the classic radio station on Sirius too. The other day I got to listen to "Little Women" with Katherine Hepburn as Jo. More good times!