Tuesday, August 28, 2007

TV Or Not TV

On Saturday evening, severe thunderstorms pounded our area, with the power going out five times during Mass. Ladycub had unplugged all the electrical equipment from behind our entertainment center. So when we returned home, we plugged everything back in, and it all worked.

Except the TV.

We tried different outlets, and it didn't turn on. I even checked the circuit breakers to be on the safe side. Nada. So we were TV-free for a couple days.

Then on Monday night, we got to watch something even with no TV:

Patches decided to double as the entertainment, occupying the TV's former space.

Thanks to my mom and dad who lent us a small TV set which we just figured out how to use. It's an old Sharp that didn't come with a remote, and was programmed for Baltimore stations which we can't receive. But we jerry-rigged it by running it through the VCR remote.

I hope we can eventually save up and get ourselves a nice HD-compatible TV. You'll need one (or a converter) by February 2009.

UPDATE: We bought a 2000-model Philips 19-inch TV from Value Village in Hyattsville . . . for $21. :-)

9 comments:

Em B said...

How cute!!!

Mom2BJM said...

Silly kitty!

4HisChurch said...

Beautiful cat.

Ditch the tv. Seriously. Watch DVDs on your computer.

Kill your television!

LifeisgreatTAC said...

I want to know what Patches does when you push buttons on the remote. It would be cute if kitty would dance and stuff. Tell ladycub that I STILL have that song in my head. STILL!!!

C. said...

Awwww.....just like Patches! It makes me smile.

ladycub said...

lifeisgreattac....

"Tell ladycub that I STILL have that song in my head. STILL!!!"

Your Welcome :-)

Cygnus said...

Dymphna: We actually watch very little television beyond the Amazing Race, Jeopardy!, Antiques Roadshow, Keeping up Appearances, and golf and football. Everything else is tape and DVD.

4HisChurch said...

Cyg: I admit I do miss my Britcoms. When the schedule allows, I watch them when I'm at my mom's once a week...but often I am trying to talk to either my mom or my aunt who have followed me upstairs...or I'm out walking the dog...or I'm running an errand. So, yeah, I miss my Britcoms!

Puffy said...

You have a beautiful cat! I bet you have to brush her a lot! We hope to get a HD TV soon.