Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Hometown Is A Bizarre Place

From the pen of Dan Rodricks of the Calvert and Centre Street Democratic Club Baltimore Sun comes a listing of some of the bizarre things that have happened in Baltimore in recent years, the 30-3 Orioles' shellacking by Texas last Wednesday being the latest (BTW, the Rangers had an 18-run inning against the O's in 1996 en route to a 26-7 win). I remember just about all those events that Rodricks listed except for Garmatz and Beverly Byron's el freako opponent (though I remember him later; he ran for everything he could). And I'd never seen the statue of Gort's cousin.

But my current hometown of Frederick (and environs) has its share of freaky news too:

Oh, except for the missiles, I had a hand in reporting all of those for my radio station.

2 comments:

Puffy said...

I thought of you when I read about Texas beating the Orioles 30-3! I was at a 14 inning Dodger-Colorado Rockies game last week. My, that 14-inning stretch felt good!

4HisChurch said...

Yep. Only in Baltimore!