Saturday, July 21, 2007

Two Dollars!

Remember the 80s movie Better Off Dead, and the paperboy who took his job just a little too seriously?



Now you know how much we made at our second yard sale today. I guess coming off the success of our first one last month at our church, we didn't have nearly as much curb appeal.

Ah, well, at least it was a gorgeous and cool day, and we had fun talking with our neighbors (who fared much better, with lots of kids' clothing) and the folks who trapsed through. And it didn't take long for us to clean up. :-)

We were supposed to have a neighborhood cookout afterward, but no one felt like it. Least of all LC, who's been sick. :-(

Business has been rather steady, however, on Freecycle as we endeavor to get rid of the stuff. Who knew so many people in my town wanted a snorkel set? Or a computer desk? And where were they when we were SELLING this stuff?

We also donated a number of VHS videos to the library.

2 comments:

Em B said...

I want my two dollars!!!!

Puffy said...

We had a horrible moving sale for my mother-in-law. I'll blog about it soon.