Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Pa

(Chuck Jones rules.)

What my dad lacks in words, he makes up for (and then some) in deeds. He instilled in me the need not to be afraid of home projects, and even as an adult he's helping encourage me with these efforts. He's helped out numerous people with plumbing, electrical, or other such emergencies. And he worked up to three jobs at once to provide for us. Finally, I'm blessed by what a prayer warrior he is for each of us.

I competed for "Dad time" with my other siblings, but he certainly gave me what he could. When we were young, he'd take me for walks in the English countryside. Now that we're older, we walk in the American countryside . . . a golf course. I hope my elbow and shoulders hurry up and heal completely so we can play again!

One of the things I cherish most from my dad is the manger he built for me and each of his kids. I could tell he did so with great care and detail, and I want to make sure it lasts a long time.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. I'd say more, but I need more info for future posts!

0 comments: