Monday, June 25, 2007

Look who I found!

Many of you may not be familiar with the saga of Bruiser, Carmen, and Sanjana . . . the Inflatable Touring Bananas. You can kill a few hours get caught up at the Banana Blog. I haven't really been involved with this . . . until now.

When returning from Mass this morning, LC and I noticed something among the trash of my next door neighbor:


This must be Smedley, the uninflatable banana relative that doesn't get talked about much.

My neighbor is a teacher, and she apparently got this banana from a student who won it at a carnival. She didn't trust it because it was made in China and, as her husband put it, probably "filled with mercury" or something.

Smedley, we hardly knew ye.

3 comments:

Mom2BJM said...

So, did you take him home?

Cygnus said...

Naaah, I left him to his cruel fate.

Mom2BJM said...

abandoned along the side of the road... I'm sure he'll remember that, and you to all his other banana friends.