Friday, June 01, 2007

Chain Lightning, it feels so good . . .

(Sorry for my absence: I had to work a lot this week.)

Tonight, Ladycub and I did something we hadn't done in a long time: We shut everything down (including this computer) and watched the lightning of a passing storm from our darkened living room for about half an hour.

I get so used to being wired in with my computer, my XM radio, my cell phone, the car stereo, etc. It was nice not to have to worry about them for a change, and just take in Mother Nature's fireworks show. It delayed the fireworks show at the Frederick Keys game also!

I hope it rains long enough to put a little dent in what appears to be a drought. And it looks like we may get skirted by a tropical storm . . . already. Again, we can use the rain, as can northern Florida and southeast Georgia. (UPDATE Sunday June 3: And they got it, although the storm itself fell apart. We may see some remnants in the next day or so.)

The night we began dating (again), we were in Ocean City and sat together on the balcony of Sandy's room. We watched a storm disperse lightning out over the ocean. It was a fitting end to a memorable day, which was the start of our progress to the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony two years later.

2 comments:

Mom2BJM said...

Lightning... we have some good stuff when the monsoon storms come.. a month or so away from now. We are happy that it brings rain usually as well!

4HisChurch said...

Hi. I'm in Gettysburg and we've been getting some nice thunderstorms lately. Real refreshment from heaven!

(If you are perhaps wondering who I may be, I just spent the day with Ladycub!) :)