Saturday, May 26, 2007

Testing the Limits

The frustration continues to build as I continue to recover from this elbow injury and the infection therewith. It's hard because the injury is something you can see, but not the effect the antibiotics have on me.

I've had to give up my one part-time job as a courier; it's just too demanding right now. I still get tired awful easily, and because of not only that but having to limit my exposure to the sun, I also had to bag going with my dad tomorrow to see the PGA Champions Tour event not too far from us.

Driving to Ocean City and back yesterday for traffic reporting wasn't too rough, but it definitely wore me out. Today, I was able to handle a graduation party thrown for my second cousin in Catonsville. There was more than enough to eat, and it was nice to see many of my cousins, aunts, and uncles from my dad's side of the family whom I don't get to see very often. The snowballs afterward at Opie's weren't bad either. :-D

But what I wouldn't give to be able to wash my car, walk a volksmarch, or ride my bike. Still, I'm losing weight, officially having lost 21 in WW, 30 overall.

I'll keep taking it as easy as I can and trusting that God knows what He's doing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog doing a Neighborcare search, as i work there as an RN. I help to set up the referrals for home. I appreciate your elbow problem and frustration. I don't have an infection but had rotator cuff surgery a week ago. One handed tasking with a non dominant hand has already taken it's toll. ha ha I hope your progress continues positively and your home IV experience was also positive.

Cygnus said...

Charlene, is that you? :-D

I've had a great experience so far with NeighborCare. You all have done a great job keeping me supplied and well taken care of!

Puffy said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Here, have a burger. :)

arkie said...

Cyg, sorry to hear about your elbow problems. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Congrats on the weight loss. That's wonderful.

Cygnus said...

An Arkie sighting! Thanks, hon!

*smooch*