Saturday, April 07, 2007

More from Cyggie Homeower

Busy day today around the house.

As I promised Ladycub, I cleaned the bathrooms. Joy. But I got into it. We so need a new cabinet in the main bathroom. Right now, we have a shelf over the toilet. I don't feel like having to fish my meds out.

And I hadn't planned on this, but after running an errand for LC, I remembered that the gate on my back fence was falling apart. So I went back out to Lowe's, got hold of some 2" screws and a handle for the outside of the gate, and replaced all the nails in the gate with the screws. Wow, the gate actually closes now! I also adjusted the latch, but one of the screws was stripped, so I had to drill it through in order to put a new one in. I'm proud of myself for doing this.

LC did a lot of straightening up in the kitchen, throwing out all sorts of leftover carp in the refrigerator and pantry. We'll try to donate what little was salvageable to a food pantry or somesuch.

And, for the first time as a married couple, we dyed Easter eggs. I got to continue a tradition in my family: a Vomit Egg (one you dye in every color).

5 comments:

Mom2BJM said...

Good for you in dying eggs! Betcha didn't do as many as WE did today! Yup, a whole two dozen! I already made potato salad today, we'd planned on having Easter dinner early at MIL's.. SO, don't know what we'll do with two dozen eggs... other than some deviled tomorrow. We usually could get my parents over to eat some, but not this year.

Happy Easter to you! (DH is gone to the store as the Easter bunny at this late hour... 9:30.) His mom had a stroke this morning, so he's spent the day at the hospital..

Cygnus said...

And a Happy Easter to you too, Mom!

Sorry to hear about your MIL's stroke. Lord have mercy, your family's been through the wringer lately! :-(

bigbro said...

I sent you a picture of my V.E. Sarah found it and she was declared the egg hunt winner on the basis of her actually touching it.

Cygnus said...

Oh, by the way:

BigBro, meet Mom2BJM. Mom2, BigBro.

You live on the opposite ends of town from each other.

Cygnus said...

Or, as he may also be known, Dad2BLES.

I saw the eggus vomitus. Most impressive.