Friday, February 09, 2007

Have Gas, Will Travel

A friend of mine who just got out of a halfway house called me this morning. Told me he ran out of gas on I-81 north of Hagerstown. I can empathize; I once ran out of gas heading from Frederick to York, PA between radio jobs.

So I grabbed my jerry can, filled it, and headed up to I-81 with the Cygmobile's windows partly rolled down in order to air out the fumes. At first when I arrived at his car, I was getting more gasoline on the ground than in his tank because the spout wasn't secure. We rectified that and got his car started, then found the first exit marked with a gas station symbol.

Or so we thought. We drove at least a few miles into town with no gas station in sight. Finally, I spotted one on a cross street.

I parked and waited for him to fill up. Instead, he came to my car and said:

"Did I mention I don't have any money?"

The Cygmobile is now airing out again from the fumes. As are my hands.

1 comments:

Mom2BJM said...

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

You are a good man, Cyg.