Friday, December 22, 2006

Two And A Half Hours

That's how long it took me to get home from DC this afternoon. It's a drive that normally takes an hour or slightly less.

The first hour was wasted spent just getting out of downtown DC. It was gridlock the like of which I'd never seen before. I thought I got smart and took a little-known route . . . only to find it wasn't so little-known.

Yeah, I know this is what I do for a living. But I still have to deal with it. Maybe next year, I'll work the 2-10 shift instead. Or do what I was originally going to do: have the day off.

And now to unwind for a few minutes before I have to zip out again. Then again, Joseph and Mary had a pretty rough commute of it.

Anyone else run into pre-holiday traffic?

4 comments:

Big Bro said...

So would the traffic report for Joseph and Mary go something like this? "It's just one line of asses on the Bethlehem Pike. Some of those donkeys are getting aggravated just standing there. Use the sheperds fields to avoid a lengthy delay due to everyone going home just because Caesar says so."

Cygnus said...

Also, those sheep over the embankment are always causing problems. In one incident, the shepherd left 99 of them in the middle of the Trans-Judean Parkway just to go look for one.
The bad news: the sheep didn't make it. The good news: lamb chops.

Mom2BJM said...

We had a little bit of traffic delays, but we weren't going far, so it wasn't really a problem. It's also easy to take side streets when you know the area!
*grin*
However, it was a rare rainy day here in Mesa, so that made people drive a little slower!
And this morning we have a little bit of fogginess! WoW!

Silvergirl said...

Traffic was heavy on the way back from the DC Temple Thursday afternoon. We had to get home to take Cait to her Young Women's progressive dinner, and we just barely made it on time. It took us nearly an hour and a half, twice as long as normal.

I stay away from 355 & 85 during the holiday season. It's crazzzy!