Friday, December 01, 2006

A Question of Faith

I sometimes wonder whether I really walk my spiritual talk.

I get so into the issues and fighting the culture war, I wonder whether I'm a loveless "noisy gong" that Paul talked about in 1 Corinthans 13.

I lusted big-time today on this computer. I was a zombie for nearly an hour.

I was rude back to a rude caller earlier this week.

I reamed my co-worker earlier this week for leaving a drink in an unapproved container in the studio, which I spilled when I tried to remove it.

I don't pray or read Scripture nearly enough, and I'd like to receive the Body of Christ and the Sacrament of Penance more often.

I wonder if I was arrested for being Christian whether there'd be enough evidence to convict me.

I wonder whether my faith makes any difference to anyone else.

I need a spiritual retreat sometime.

I've been thinking about this as I listen to the Tim LaHaye best seller Left Behind, which is a compelling work of fiction about the chaos that ensues when the "Rapture" takes away all the Christians suddenly. As a Catholic, I find it theologically flawed, but it still makes for an interesting read. At least it calls me to consider where I am spiritually.

Here's another Catholic critique of the Left Behind series. As I suspected, LaHaye's wife Beverly founded Concerned Women for America; I heard of her long before I did her husband. I also remember hearing a talk based on LaHaye's The Battle of the Mind. I'm going to be a sport and finish this book, but I'm not going to read/listen any further in the series.

In the coming weeks I hope to document here my spiritual walk to date. Much of it has been tied up in an ecumenical Christian community called the Lamb of God, which is where Ladycub and I met.

1 comments:

Secret Rapture said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.