Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Meet the new puter

We updated our computers from Windows Me to Windows XP (at last) the other day, which is why you haven't seen me here in a while. For the most part, it works well, but there have been some bugs along the way. For example, it took us a while to get my hard drive partitioned, and I'm having issues with my sound card. (12/3 UPDATE: Reinstalling XP over what I had did the trick; the proper files are now installed and I have sound again.)

But worst of all, both of us lost all of our e-mail and addresses. :-( Eudora was simple; just drag the whole dang folder over. So we did that with Thunderbird, but . . . the text files were squirreled way far away.

Moral of the story: do some more research next time, or send the e-mails back to the server somehow.

0 comments: