Friday, November 17, 2006

Fer cryin' out loud . . .

I went to Mass today at a wonderful serene place, the National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes in Emmitsburg. I'll have to blog about that sometime. Worth mentioning was the presence of several women from Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) who had emigrated to New Orleans, and were now in our area thanks to Katrina. No idea whether they just arrived or had been here a while.

On the way home about 20 miles north, I noticed a tree leaning on power lines on a side road; the tree might have been blown over by yesterday's storms. So I decided to be a good citizen and call local utility Allegheny Power. Since the lines were still up, I figured this wasn't an emergency. I waded through the numerous menus and got a customer service rep.

I gave her the info. She asked for my name and address so she can bring up my account. She then asks me how to get to the tree, and I give her directions and my cell phone number.

A short time later, my cell phone rings. The Allegheny Power crew had arrived . . . at my house. Arrrgh! Of course there was no tree on wires there, because all the wires are underground! Did you people listen to what I said?! And then this customer service rep asks whether I gave directions to the first CSR. Obviously not! So I gave directions again.

Sheesh. Just trying to be helpful.

1 comments:

big bro said...

I take it that the number you called was the title of the last post?