Friday, October 06, 2006

Words Will Never Hurt Us . . . Um, Check That

In the words of someone I may have known in a former life, "Why do they fear the Constitution?" Always remember: Free speech, good for the Left, bad for the Right.

Evidence, courtesy of Columbia U. via Little Green Footballs as moonbats put their hands over their ears and scream at the founder of the Minutemen while bum-rushing him off the stage. I hope you haven't eaten.

One can debate the impact of the Minutemen. If there's allowed to be a debate.

Oh, and get a load of this, if there's anything left in your stomach: it's all the speaker's fault!:

We celebrate free speech: for that reason we allowed the Minutemen to speak, and for that same reason we peacefully [guffaw] occupied the stage and spoke ourselves. Our peaceful protest [chortle] was violently attacked by members of the College Republicans and their supporters, who are the very same people who invited the Minutemen to our campus in the first place. The Minutemen are not a legitimate voice in the debate on immigration. They are a racist, armed militia who have declared open hunting season on immigrants, causing countless hate crimes and over 3000 deaths on the border. Why should exploitative corporations have free passes between nations, but individual people not? No human being is illegal.

"The things that pass for knowledge, I can't understand . . ."

ETA: Here's Michelle Malkin's take on it. (I so *heart* Michelle Malkin.)

1 comments:

Renee said...

I found your blog through Modestly Yours, great commentary on your expereince with pre-cana. I noticed you wondered how someone could think something so wrong could be normal, I thought maybe my blog could shed light on the matter. I speak a lot about marriage and sexuality. I'll check in on your blog on a regular basis, it seems like fun.

http://uponchristianhill.blogspot.com/2006/09/ann-coulter-chelmsford-high-and-me.html