Monday, October 16, 2006

Five Minutes to Curtain!

I don't remember all that many of my dreams, but this one was vivid.

I have long wanted to get back into community theater since my last performance, 1776. But my work schedule (or lack of one) has kept me from doing so.

I dreamed I was back in school and had somehow forgotten to attend any rehearsals for the Shakespeare play, Much Ado About Nothing. I was to be Borachio, one of the main bad guys. And we opened the next night, and I had 24 hours to get all the lines down and memorized! So I remember looking around for index cards on which to write my lines so I'd remember them. It was complete stress. And I was convinced that I was going to have to stand on stage and make an idiot of myself.

Actually, I was in Much Ado a number of years ago, and was supposed to be Borachio until a schedule conflict forced me to take a bit part instead. Also, I'd worked a 16-hour shift yesterday that was my own doing, and I forgot that I'd scheduled myself for that until I got to work! So I woke up at 4 AM, got to work by 6, left at 10:30 PM, and got home at 11:30 PM. Not much stress there, huh?

Surprisingly, I felt better during the second eight hours of the shift than most days when I get home from the 6 AM - 2 PM shift. Must have been the adrenaline; I don't drink caffeine.

0 comments: