Friday, September 15, 2006

I stand with Benedict

Here is the text of Pope Benedict XVI's address to the University of Regensburg, Germany this week. His comments, which have raised a furor in the Islamic world, were actually not his own; Benedict made it perfectly clear that he was quoting an earlier Byzantine dialogue from an emperor who was under attack from--surprise!--Muslims. As I read it, the overall point was that faith is not inconsistent with reason. Islam rejects this.

As I see it, Benedict was calling a spade a spade. He has nothing to apologize for, and I wish the Vatican would stop backpedaling and stand with him, just as I am doing. And the subsequent actions of the "Religion of Peace" bear this out.

I am becoming more convinced by the day that we are already seeing World War III.

0 comments: