Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's OK to deface signs

. . . as long as they slam Bush, as Michelle Malkin points out. (BDS = Bush Derangement Syndrome.) I love the sign at the bottom, but if that's real, that has to go too. Sure that didn't come from Reuters?

There have been many of these anti- Bush stop signs in my town, which fortunately the DPW must have taken care of because they didn't last long. Last I checked, vandalism is still a crime.

Also, I know PETA (or someone who supports them) has stickers that are designed just to deface stop signs; they say "WEARING FUR", for example. Some yahoo has also put up an "Impeach Him" sign above I-270 southbound on a walkway near the Capital Beltway.

Finally, take those stupid Kerry-Edwards stickers off your vehicles. It's been two years. There will not be a do-over. You lost. Deal with it.

2 comments:

SeasonedRefinement said...

Bumpber stickers. I always give a lot of weight to bumper stickers. It's as if you have ONE thing to say to the world -- none of these people will EVER see you again, meet you, talk with you, etc. -- and here's your chance to make ONE point that you hope will stick with them.

So what does it say about a person when his one statement to the world is "PEROT/STOCKDALE '92"?

Cygnus said...

Good point about bumper stickers, SR. And the bumper stickers I have on my car now will be off by the end of the year.

Except for my Ravens sticker. That stays, if only to annoy the Squealer fans. ;-)