Thursday, July 27, 2006

DAW* Alert

I may well be on NBC's Today show Monday morning!

A crew came by my workplace yesterday to tape us reporting traffic in and around our booths. Of course, it depends on how much of the story we comprise, and what gets left on the cutting room floor. If nothing else, you'll see my workplace and some of my co-workers.

*Desperate Attention Whore, for those who don't know.

Update: It seems that the story didn't air today. I can't see the Today show where I live because we can't get any over-the-air NBC stations, and it wasn't on the first hour of the show as posted on the MSNBC website. Nor do I see a link to the story. But having worked in news, I know this isn't surprising; this is not a time-specific story, so it doesn't *have* to air when they say.


Update 2: It aired today (8/2)!

Go to the above link, scroll down, and select "Avoid Traffic With New Tech Tools".

7 comments:

ukrocks said...

Thats cool Cygie, but the problem is I'm still asleep when that comes on.

dragonflies said...

Now if I can just remember to DVR it...

Puffy said...

I watch the Today show; I'll look for you. Because *I* know what you look like.

Puffy said...

Were you on the Today show?

dragonflies said...

Dang I forgot. Soooooo, were you on TV?

Cygnus said...

I take it you saw my update on the frpnt page; I have no idea if/when it'll be on. I'll keep checking the website, and if it appears, I'll let you know.

Cygnus said...

It aired today (Wednesday, 8/2). Look on the original post.